I learned SO many tips and tricks from the blogging conference I went to, that I haven't even had time to process it all! Some of it is easy to do, some a little more complicated. It will take time to figure it all out. You may have noticed some of the changes I started making on my blog here. I didn't want to wait until I figured out everything to tell you some of the things I learned.
Blogging Tips from the NC Mom Bloggers Beach Conference:
- Claim your blog in Google Webmasters, can also be claimed in Bing and Yahoo.
- People aren't always who they seem to be online, set boundaries that you are comfortable with.
- You have to be able to grab a reader's attention within 30 seconds of coming to your blog.
- Short and sweet is better than long and boring, slice word count in half.
- Use bold font and sub-paragraphs, draws attention if used sparingly.
- People love lists, incorporate them if possible.
- When pitching a business to work with them, believe in yourself and your idea.
- Different companies look for different things in bloggers, if 1 says no, the next might say yes.
- Remember that most of us are mothers, and our families should be put first.
- People don't use RSS readers as much to find content, engage your readers via Twitter or Facebook, etc.
- If you are serious about blogging, buy your own domain name, instead of being a dot blogspot, be a .com or a .net.