Monday, March 9, 2009

Our Disney Trip: Part 1

We are finally safely home! Sorry I never got to post anything from Disney World while we were there, but I was so tired after going to the parks.

We were supposed to leave for Florida on Sunday night, but they were calling for snow on Sunday afternoon, so we left a day early. While driving to pick up the rental van, my van started running hot. We had to pull over quickly, my van cut off and we were stranded. The rental car place was closing in 40 minutes, and we were still about 30 minutes away. We got lucky, my brother-in-law was nearby. So, he took us to get the van. We were still going to be late, but the rental car place stayed open late so we could pick up the van. Thank goodness! We had my van towed home later that night.

After we picked up our 15 passenger van, we went to pick up Barb and her kids. They went to Disney World with us. We needed something big to drive since we had 8 people and a lot of luggage. After we got back to our house, my husband rested a little before we left to drive down to Florida. We usually drive down at night so the kids will sleep, and there is less traffic that way.

It's about an 8 hour drive from our house to Orlando. We usually stop at the beach in Daytona to see the ocean on the way down. However, this was bike week in Daytona, so we stopped at a beach near Jacksonville. Two of Barb's children had never seen the ocean so, they really enjoyed being able to play for a little bit.

It had rained most of the night on the way down there, so I was worried about going to a park. I didn't want to walk around in a downpour. But as luck would have it, as soon as we got to Epcot it stopped raining. That was Disney Magic! It was a little chilly, but that was a lot better than rainy.

I love Spaceship Earth, so we rode that. It was neat, because they had changed it since we last rode it. We went to the Seas with Nemo and the little ones did some of the Kidcot Fun Stations. After a few more rides we had to check in to a hotel, since we came down a day earlier than expected.

Later we went back to Epcot to see Illuminations and some of the countries. We were all so tired after all that walking, so we were more than ready to go back to the hotel and get some sleep.

I will post the next part tomorrow. Thanks for reading!


Alli said...

I had a great time at Disney!


Tatersmama said...

I'm glad that y'all had a good time! I can't wait to read the rest!!

Donna(mom24boyz) said...

Glad you are home safe and had a good time. I hope to take my kids there next year..but for us it is a 15-18 hour drive!

Mommie Daze said...

Sounds like you had a great time!

Paula said...

Looks like you all had a great time! I like the picture of the snoozer!! LOL

Shannon said...

Glad y'all got there before the bad weather hit! We always went in February/March when I was little, perfect time of year to go. Never crowded, not hot. Looks like fun!!!